Saturday, March 8, 2008

What happens when you're not watching

We've all had those moments (I'm hoping) where you're busy doing dishes, bills, etc. and you're watching your kids with only your ears. I had a few of these moments this past week that ended with some creative outcomes. First, while I was in the shower, the twins decided to put on their swimsuits and get into all the old winter stuff and put it on. It was a mess, but hilarious!

Later in the week, I was in the kitchen when all of a sudden Soren comes blazing down the stairs into the kitchen....on a sled. Yes, you read correctly..a sled. My son is a daredevil, we still haven't figured out where he gets it. We've ok'd it as long as he has his helmet on. No bones have yet to be broken and it has made for some great fun for the kids!



7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Brecken,
I remember doing this as a kid, excluding the helmet for sure!! How fun! You can definitely add us to the list as I will do for you and your cute fam. We are open on Fridays to play. Let me know if you want to get the girls together next week, we're open. :-)

Kaitlyn said...

Boys will be boys!!! Jack hasn't tried sledding down the stairs yet, but I'm sure his day will come.
I love the picture of Lovey and Soren hugging, so cute!
Miss ya!

tiffany garfield said...

HAHAHA! That looks so fun! Classic, I love Soren! And that is the cutest hugging in swim and snow gear picture I have ever seen! I love you guys and miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Remember our days of careening down the stairs on my parent's silky sleeping bags?? I think I know where Soren gets it. You may have forgotten your dare devil nature now that you're a mom, but I never forget a thing!! Plus, I think the mere fact that you let your young boy sled down your stairs exemplifies that you're still a dare devil at heart (despite the helmet requirements). And I love it! I hope I can be as cool a mom as you!!

Marilee said...

The Sled thing is HILARIOUS!!! Maybe he gets his daredevilness from Logan. Sounds exactly like something he would do!! So funny!

Lindsay said...

That is so funny! But why was there a sled inside the house? Seems odd!

Sunshine said...

Brecken: love seeing your adorable children and love your songs! Yes, absolutely you can add my site on yours. I love seeing everyone's kids and ideas!