Sunday, November 30, 2008

First annual tree cutting

Off we went Saturday morning to find the perfect tree up HWY 285. Niles and I both imagined beautiful, thick trees all around....not so much. We were thinking Tagawa's.
What we saw was more Charlie Brown. We spent quite a while searching for a tree that would fit the bill. Luckily, we were able to convince the kids that it was a fun adventure to spend over an hour in the freezing cold looking for a decent tree. It was a fun time until Lovey melted down. I think her words were "I can't take it any more!...I'm freezing!" and halted dead in her tracks. She and the tree were huffed back to the car, both arriving luckily unscathed. We will have to see if there will ever be a second annual tree cutting in our future.

Soren's first published photo of mom and dad. Great job!

London & Soren ready to find "the tree".

London, Soren and dad with the tree of choice.

Pit stop.

Love & mom pre-meltdown.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Great pictures! My favorite for sure is the photo of Sorens little bum cheeks! I LOVE IT! It's hilarious!

noah said...

You found your tree! I want a REAL tree! Maybe we'll get one too...or maybe not. I'm with Lovey, I can only take the cold so long. I love the pit stop pic! haha. love you!

noah said...

You found your tree! I want a REAL tree! Maybe we'll get one too...or maybe not. I'm with Lovey, I can only take the cold so long. I love the pit stop pic! haha. love you!

courtney said...

there's been an awful lot of nudity on this site lately!

Rachelle said...

I just have to laugh! Growing up, my family would go every year and cut down our tree...I have many fond memories of those times. For 10+ years our experience was much the same...always freezing, never a cute tree! I love that you guys did this!

Renee said...

We went one year in Connecticut to cut down our tree when I was about the twins' age. Such a memorable experience, even if I was freezing! Love Soren's bum bum.

(guess what...you may be seeing a LOT more of me soon!)

familia Bybaran said...

You get to cut it? THat is so cool. And you have real snow! Talk about an authentic christmas!

mid said...

https://hubpages.com/@dimdimaja