Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tagged!

Ok here goes! 25 random things about myself.

1. I love taking showers. If the hot water would last all day, I would never get out.
2. There are two things that I love to do but am appallingly bad at: mountain biking and dancing. Growing up, I never understood why I was always in the back during dance recitals. That is, until Niles secretly video taped me busting a move at my cousin's wedding; now everything is crystal clear. I've become quite comfortable with my lack of mountain biking mojo; for me, it's all about the scenery.
3. I hate any kind of gummy candy, and most candies in general. I really would rather eat broccoli than down gummy bears, worms, etc. I also HATE Cheetos!
4. With #3 in mind, you're probably thinking I'm a healthy eater. Think again. I love any baked goods or chocolate I can get my hands on, and often find excuses multiple times a day to indulge myself.
5. I love waking up early and being outside for a good run in the mornings. I love watching the day begin while I'm out. It's a great feeling.
6. I love my friends. We have a camaraderie, respect and understanding there that's difficult to convey in words. Each of them has unique qualities that make them easy to love and admire.
7. I adore my munchkins. They are little miracles that I am forever grateful for.
8. I believe the world would be a kinder place if we would all just be more like my husband.
9. US weekly is my favorite magazine. There, I said it. However, I have never purchased it, because I realize it's smut and can't bring myself to spend a dime on it. Instead, I always pick the longest line at the grocery store, and read it while I "wait."
10. I was nominated in my high school senior class as "Most Likely to Become June Clever". An unfortunate but true fact.
11. My middle name is Alice. Ughh! I've never liked it, and when I was younger I tried to get my parents to change it to "Alysse."
12. I have a stupid human trick: I can be picked up by my hair and feet and swung. If you don't believe me I can email you pictures.
13. I love to read. There's nothing like getting lost in a great book....this is partially why my 4 1/2 year olds still "need" naps. It's very convenient.
14. I don't know what my real hair color is.
15. I minored in French at BYU, did a study abroad in Paris, and still speak horrible French.
16. My latest favorite quote: "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing."~Phyllis Diller. Smart lady.
17. I bake cookies and hide them from my kids so I can have them to myself. Sometimes I share.
18. I didn't have my first kiss until after I was 16. I'm not quite sure if I should be proud of this, or embarrassed.
19. I'm deathly afraid of roller coasters. I had to change the channel on the tv once because there was an advertisement for a new super-duper-pee-your-pants ride and it was making my palms sweat.
20. The very thought of decorating my house gives me an ulcer. I wish someone could just do it for me.
21. I am a gamer. I love to play games. Board games, card games; you name it, I like to play it. Settlers of Catan and Canasta have been my running favorites for years.
22. Sushi is probably my first and favorite choice for dinner out.
23. I love that I have a religiion that is my culture and life. It makes life happy.
24. I played the violin for 12 years and rue the day that I quit. Now I'm lucky if I can remember Twinkle, Twinkle little star.
25. Kelly Ripa: when you die, can I have your job?

There you have it. 25 totally random things about Brecken.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I love your list, Brecken!

Brittany said...

Great list! I knew 17 out of 25... not bad, right? I didn't know you hate rollercoasters! Fabulous post! I loved reading it! Aren't you suppose to tag someone else now? :)

tiffany garfield said...

Breck, you rock! You're not a bad mountain biker, I thought your bike was just heavy. haha. :)No worries I'm not much better. You forgot to say that you're hot, a great writer, and a dang good sister! :) I guess that would sound kind of cocky huh? :) I love you! And dido on the coaster thing and cheetos too! :) Hope you have fun at the cabin!

tiffany garfield said...

Breck, you rock! You're not a bad mountain biker, I thought your bike was just heavy. haha. :)No worries I'm not much better. You forgot to say that you're hot, a great writer, and a dang good sister! :) I guess that would sound kind of cocky huh? :) I love you! And dido on the coaster thing and cheetos too! :) Hope you have fun at the cabin!

familia Bybaran said...

This list makes me want to just come over your house and chat and make up for all the years that I haven't been able to hang out with you. Even though you would never think it, we are so similar. I am so glad we go to be roommates even for a short time. Someone at Helaman Halls knew what they were doing when they matched us up.

Chelsea said...

These are great, Brecken. And I definitely identify with several of them, most especially number 15. I had 6 years of French and I've been to France and can barely read it, let alone speak it. Ridiculous! And I'm totally the same when it comes to candy vs. real dessert. I've always hated candy, and gummy things are the worst. But give me a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce anyday.

And finally, I totally believe you about the hair trick. You have THE thickest hair ever. It's fabulous.

Lynn said...

Canasta, really? I love canasta! You just get better everyday!