Friday, July 25, 2008

10 years


Ten years ago, Niles and I married in the Denver Temple. There's a quote that reads something like, "In the journey of life, it's not where you go, but who is by your side that matters". This is how I feel about our relationship. We have had a great 10 years and have made many wonderful memories. I look forward to many more years of creating memories with him and our children.
Niles is a great writer, which has made me a frequent receiver of poems and letters over the years. I personally, pride myself on my incredible list making abilities. So here is my version of a poem. 10 reasons why I love my husband of 10 years:

1. He has an amazing wit and a contagious laugh.
2. He loves to learn and has a great appreciation for anything obscure (this includes foods).
3. He is handsome, but doesn't realize it.
4. He is a great teacher.
5. He is an Eagle Scout (in all sense of the title),
6. He will (with prodding) watch chic flicks with me.
7. He is kindhearted and forgiving to a fault.
8. He is Mister Safety.
9. He adores his children and is an amazing father.
10. He always gives me the end of his ice cream cone.

Ok, the last one might seem a little odd to some. In my opinion, the bottom of the cone is the best part of the whole ice cream cone experience. 11 years ago, on a date at Dairy Queen, I told Niles this and also added that, "if someone really cared about the other person they would offer up the bottom of the cone as a token of love to the other." Since that night, the bottom of the cone has been a small symbal of love to the other person. I have been the fortunate receiver of many ends of ice cream cones. It has been a great ten years.

side note: big hair and big bouquets must of been "in" , in 1998.

10 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, 10 years! Congratulations! I love the pictures, so cute.

Lynn said...

I totally agree with your list...and you are his perfect match. Congratulations on 10 years...love Boopsie!

tiffany garfield said...

I think Niles is great and I just love the two of you! You know this. Anyway, congrats and great list! I'll admit I teared up a little---which isn't too hard to do these days with all this estrogen in my system :) but still, I did tear up. You guys are so cute together! Love you, Twink

Kaitlyn said...

Happy 10 years!!!!

My Five Little Monkeys said...

Congratulations to the two of you. I can't say I'm surprised. You guys seem like a perfect match. My memory from 10 years ago:
We went to your reception at Inverness. At least that's where I think it was. Anyway, I was somewhat-newly pregnant with Calvin. He was due February 22, so I leave it to you to do the math...I hadn't been able to really eat anything of note for weeks up until your dinner that night. I was nervous I would look or act sick that night--we hadn't told even my parents yet, and they sat at our table. Imagine my relief when I was able to eat my dinner, no problem! It was delicious, I remember. Just think of my joy at overcoming morning sickness at that very table. I wan't sick again that pregnancy. What a happy day for me! (Well, and you guys too. Let's not forget, it was YOUR wedding.)

Tyler S. Forester said...

Happy 10 years to the both of you. What a tender sweet list, I cried reading it especially about the ice cream cone explaination. We admire you guys. Hope that we can be half the parents you guys are. Love Tyler and Leah

Renee said...

That might be the sweetest thing ever! You guys really are the perfect match and are my longest wed friends...congrats!!! I seriously can't believe it's been 10 years!! You guys haven't changed a bit!! You look great!! (and Brecken, big hair has ALWAYS been "in" in your world) :)

Brittany said...

Ahhh so cute... pictures totally included! Happy 10 year anniversary!

Drew and Tarah said...

hrm...weird! i'm not sure! when you go to "blog list", then you hit the blue "add a blog to your list", then "add to list", then "save"? and that doesn't work? what does it tell you when it doesn't work?

Eve said...

you are 10 years married, but i am not ten years older. lets go with this. happy anniversary Brecken and Dudeman!