Thursday, October 9, 2008

Littleton Historical Museum

Earlier this week, we went with a group of friends to the Littleton Historical Museum. It was great! The LHM is a settlement from the 1890's right in the heart of Littleton. The people that work there dress up in the fashions of the day(we actually asked if they really lived there because it was so realistic...only 8-5pm was the response), they grow everything right on the farm....vegetables, chicken, pigs(which we found by the smell), you name it. The kids got to pet the animals and walk through the farm house, the barn, schoolhouse, blacksmiths, etc. It was beautiful and so much fun. The kids loved it. I would definitely suggest it to anyone who hasn't gone.

Lovey and Tyler at the blacksmith's.

Soren with the horse..I could not bribe Lovey with anything to get her near the animal.

The kids going up the stairs to "the bedroom" of the farm house....can you imagine one room for the whole crew?!

Me and the kids at the lake.

6 comments:

Renee said...

who knew there was a little place like that right in the heart of suburbia. how wonderful!

tiffany garfield said...

fun! I didn't even know it was there! You look really cute by the way!

Brittany said...

We'll have to go with all of the cousins when were in Colorado! Can't wait to see you this weekend... should be fun!

Eve said...

I loved seeing the kids last weekend, thanks for letting us party at your house without you! Lovely told me how much she liked my clothes and my hair. It takes a Princess to know one! That's why she wouldn't get near the horse, we princesses only like ponies and unicorns. xo

Kaitlyn said...

That looks like fun! I love the last picture, so cute!

Sunshine said...

I have never been there, I am going to have to check it out with my kids. Congrats to Niles:)