Sunday, October 5, 2008

Niles "the avid runner"

Niles may now join the ranks of 20% of those U.S. citizens who have completed a marathon! This weekend he ran the St. George marathon, in pouring rain, wind and cold. Originally, I was upset that I didn't get in this year, not so much Saturday morning! He said quote, " I think I can now call myself an avid runner," end quote. I think so......so proud of him. It is such a great accomplishment. Great job Honey!

Niles running in at the finish line.

Niles and I after the race.

6 comments:

Niles said...

Thanks, Breck, for talking me into this. I feel great.

I can say that now. And my therapist tells me that after a few more sessions, I may even consider the possibility of ever running again...

Lyons Family said...

nice comment by niles! gotta love him! I want to hear all about it in the morning on our run - BTW - it's supposed to be 38 degrees at 5:30 - aren't we excited! Congrats to NIles!!

tiffany garfield said...

haha. Love Niles' comment! He looks great! He looks like he trained well for this race. I think I want to run it next year. Like I said, "I think..." Maybe you can talk me into it. Love you and I"m glad you had fun! :)

Renee said...

Whooo hooo!!! Awesome job!! Maybe that's why Niles hasn't been blogging much lately? All that training? I'll pretend that's the reason and forgive him.

Kaitlyn said...

Way to go Niles!!!

Eve said...

Way to go Dudeman. I would LIKE to say I will try it some day, but in reality me + cramps = no way. Proud of you!