Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our yearly headache

Every fall we go and take our family pictures for our Christmas cards. I wish I could say it was souly for posterity's sake, but it would be a lie. I like a current picture for our yearly cards....vain indeed. It is a nightmare to get everyone ironed, matching (sort of) and looking picture ready and keeping them that way.....If we're lucky we usually get a couple that make the final cut to the Christmas card. Here are some decent ones pre crop and edit.

My personal favorite....my kids in a nut shell.

Nice death grips we have on them.....we'll be sure to edit any evidence of child abuse before we send these out.


We don't really count Soren's blankie bear as one of the family...but we might have to start considering it.

10 comments:

ambercarlson said...

Those are so cute, as if I expected anything less! Where did you take those?? A

Drew and Alicia said...

I love the pictures I thought you did great with the outfits! Drew and I both miss you and cute Fam! Come visit soon. =)

Kerry and Mindy said...

We can so set a wedding date! I was so upset that I missed the baby shower, I just got back from Palm Springs with Kerry so Very and missed it. The Pics look like I missed out on some fun! We miss you and would love to pre arrange a marriage with you daughter. She is adorable. Look at those sassy shoes... How have you been, we need to play catch up, miss you and your family! You look really happy through and through. SO happy for you! Love you loads.
Mindy

Brittany said...

The pictures turned out fabulous! I love them! What a cute family!

tiffany garfield said...

Seriously, so stinkin cute!!! I love them! And you are hilarious! You had me laughing with all your comments! My favorite is the one you put as your new blog header--you're so beautiful! I love you! Twink :)

Kaitlyn said...

Awesome pictures! I love the title of your post, taking family pictures really can be a headache. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you.

familia Bybaran said...

Great pictures. How could you guys look anything but amazing! That picture on the top of you is gorgeous! Really. I love the colors and the backdrop of your pictures. I hope I get a christmas card so I can show everyone that I have beautiful friends.

ambercarlson said...

Hey thanks for the heads-up on the picture backdrop! We actually already took our family pictures for this year, but i'll definitly keep it in mind for next year! Speaking of pictures, you are going to be rolling on the floor laughing because our family pictures are nearly IDENTICLE!! Too funny! A

The Gainors said...

so great. i love grey and black and white together and i never would have guessed that your kids were being anything but compliant. i can't ever get mine to even look in the proximity of the camera. well done.

Lyons Family said...

great pix - and lovey looks really cute, you didn't need to worry!