Sunday, November 2, 2008

The week of Halloween

Halloween is no longer an hour of knocking doors with your kids. It is a week full of festivities...I love it. It was a week full of pumpkin carving, trunk or treating, the school halloween program, the annual halloween parade and finally trick or treating. This year we spent halloween night with some of our great friends. The kids had a blast and the dads had possibly more fun than the kids. As of Friday night, the annual "Frightmare" has begun. The guys all dressed up and spent most of the night scaring kids (older kids, we wouldn't let them scare the little ones). They were having so much fun, all the moms left to put kids to bed and the guys stayed for about 2 more hours! It was hilarious to watch! We had a great halloween and can't wait for "Frightmare 2009". Thanks Shelly and Justin for a fun night.

The dirty work of cleaning out the pumpkin...of course mom's job.

The finished product.

The school halloween program.

Me, Love and Soren before the parade.

Soren and his stash.

Niles and Soren.

Erin, Me, Shelly and Tamara watching the guys prepare for Frightmare.

Niles and Jeremy getting ready to scare,

Sverre...wins best zombie ankle grabber.

The guys in their full "frightmare" glory.

7 comments:

tiffany garfield photography said...

That is hilarious!!! If I were one of those kids, I would have died!!! Seriously, a zombie grabbing my ankle! I wold have passed out!!! It looks like they had tons of fun and the kids costumes look great! Happy Halloween! Love you!

Brittany said...

when you told me about it over the phone I thought about how scary that would be... and now that I see pictures I know I'd totally be freaked out! It's so true that Halloween is more than just knocking on doors for an hour... it's a week long (sometimes more) event! BTW I love the pumpkin!

Renee said...

Oh man. How in the world did you find a husband that loves dressing up so much!?!? That sounds like a hilarious night!!

courtney said...

1. that's a very fab jack-o-lantern.
2. when i read "soren's stash" i half expected to scroll down and see a picture of soren with a 'stache (i was a little disappointed). maybe next halloween.

Kaitlyn said...

What a fun, busy week you guys had! The kids look cute as always!
I would be really freaked out if I walked up to that door, but it looks like they had lots of fun. Love you guys!

Lynn said...

Niles...how many heart attacks did you contribute to?

familia Bybaran said...

Scary scary boys. And why do all of our girls want to be princesses? Crazy. Cute pictures. Your house looks awesome. I would have been terrified.