Saturday, November 8, 2008

God smokes?

We were stopped at a stop light. I was on the cellphone and the twins were having their usual chatter. A man pulled up next to us smoking a cigarette. We'd had the talk about what smoking was and why it wasn't good for you. London and Soren were re-iterating it to eachother and basically shaming the poor soul who was puffing away. This is the conversation that followed:

London " You know Sore, Heavenly father smokes."

Soren "Really?"

Me " WHAT!!!, click, where did you learn that?"

London "At church."

Me "What?"

London "It's in one of the songs we learned in sharing time."

Me "UH, what song would that be?"

London singing, "When Jesus Christ was baptized down in the river Jordan three members of the god head were present there in love. The Father SMOKED from heaven when Jesus christ was baptized, the holy ghost descended as gently as a dove.....see mom it's in the song."

Me "Sweetie, it's spoke, not smoked."

London "What's spoke mean?"

Me "the past for talk."

London "OH,....ok."

Glad we got that one cleared up! I considered letting them know he didn't drink or do drugs either.

13 comments:

Laurel said...

That is so funny! I just had to read it aloud to my mom! Love you!

Brittany said...

Mom told me about that! Lovey is hilarious! She always makes me laugh! Kids say the craziest things... Gage told me the other day while he was watching Tom and Jerry that he knows how to speak cat. Really?

Lynn said...

We all got a kick out of that...Grams thinks you should send it to the paper! What paper would that be? I can remember when I was little I would sing the 'Golden Plates' and when it says a "godly man of old" I thought it said an "UGLY man of old"... I never did think that was very nice! Eventually I got it right.

Lyons Family said...

hilarious! Bill got to hear that one too! aren't you glad you wrote it down!

tiffany garfield said...

She's so funny! You need to write about the bratz story too! She seriously cracks me up!!! :)

tiffany garfield said...

She's so funny! You need to write about the bratz story too! She seriously cracks me up!!! :)

tiffany garfield said...

She's so funny! You need to write about the bratz story too! She seriously cracks me up!!! :)

Chelsea said...

Ahahaha that is hilarious! I love the way kids hear/interpret things. It's so funny.

I love your new family picture at the top. You guys look awesome.

On the quote thing on the side of my blog, I just went to the layout/page elements tab of the blog and added a text gadget. Then I just titled it created an "updated" line in a different color.

Drew and Alicia said...

hAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I love it. It's so funny the things kids pick up on and remember!!!! Your kiddies are so cute Drew and I just love you and your family.

Shauna Brown said...

Hey, I'm back in town and would love to get together! Joanna is coming for a few weeks (I'm not sure the exact dates), but we should all do something. Let me know what you think.
-Shauna

The Bonham Family said...

Hey Brecken- It's Mindy Armstrong's sister Jenny. I love peeking in everyonce in a while to see your cute twins and all I have to look forward to. I can't wait. Your kids are adorable and too funny of a story! I met a girl that is in my home ward named lora that is from Highlands Ranch and just moved here a few months ago and knew you and Marilee! Small world

familia Bybaran said...

That's hilarious. Just another tidbit of false doctrine that is spread by primary songs. So funny.

Tamara said...

That is so darn funny. I keep laughing about it. I'm so glad you have that written down for her.