Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Perfect Storm

Anyone who knows me well, knows I am not a night person....as I sit her at 3am blogging. Yes, blogging at 3 am as I sit here on my bathroom floor next to my sick little boy who can only sleep in the tub. Not normal....I'm well aware. Soren started getting sick over Christmas with horrible abdominal cramps(not much else) and has since slept mostly in the comfort of a warm bath with either Niles or I taking shifts hovering over him at all hours of the day...hence the blogging at 3am...gotta stay awake!

We've been to the ER, the doctor's office....tests have been run, and yes the fun ones. Tomorrow it's a CT Scan. Nothing life threatening...poor guy just can't sleep or eat....which means no one does....well London does occasionally get fed and put to bed.

I've been keeping it together...until the other day I had what my friend Mindy calls a "Major, Minor". Translation: a momentary meltdown where you crack from the pressure.
Two things make me acutely aware that I am "mildly" OCD or controlling. 1) my husband 2) situations like the present.

The stage and the reason for the "Major, Minor": dirty dishes in the sink, laundry(albeit clean) piled HIGH in my bedroom, going on 40 plus hours of cartoon Disney, dirty (seriously disturbing) kitchen floor, cracker crumbs in my bed(yummy), haven't run regularly since before Christmas, haven't slept since Christmas, a little boy who is almost constantly kealed over in pain with a sweet little daughter who is seriously considering becoming a hypocondriac to get some attention.....the perfect storm.

11 comments:

Afton or Brooke said...

Brecken- I hope things go well at the CT scan today. It breaks my heart that Soren is so sick. Keep us posted.

courtney said...

poor soren (and brecken and niles and lovey). all my love.

tiffany garfield said...

Like I always say, you are amazing! I can't believe he is still feeling so sick and you are STILL not sleeping! If I were there right now I would do all your laundry, wash all your dishes and get the crumbs out of your bed...that were if Kirras' oxygen in take level was much higher than her 91 two days ago. call me today and let me know the CT results. I love you and hope you get some sleep soon! :)

Marilee said...

You are such a good mom Breck! You guys will get through this and a major/minor (the term actually came from my mom when she was called on a mission and found out she was going to Haiti. Talk about a major/minor! :-) every once in a while anyway! Let me know if I can help, or take Lovey or come and relieve you of bathtub watching duty.

Tamara said...

You're handling this so well, Brecken! One night of no sleep and I'm in pieces. I can't believe you're surviving after 2 plus weeks! I hope the CT scan reveals something really simple and Soren will feel better and you can all get some sleep.

Sunshine said...

Brecken: Why do we all have to grow up? I hope it's something simple. Poor baby! I would love your christmas card. Mine is still in my purse because I was sure I would see you at Tosha's. I will e mail you my address.

Tholstrom said...

I am soo glad you found me. I am soo sorry about your little Soren. I hope he is feeling better. Also, so sorry for being a delinquent blog checker! I would still LOVE a Christmas card and I would love your address. Mine is 9315 Vandivere Drive, Navarre Fl 32566.
I hope you are off duty tonight lady. It was soo good to see you. You have a BEAUTIFUL family.
JO

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry! I hope that they are able to figure this out soon. For you and for Soren, poor guy! Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Laurel said...

Poor guy! I'm with Twink..I would do your laundry, dishes and even scrub your toilets if I were there. And play with Lovey so she doesn't turn into a hypocondriac! Good luck with everything! Love you!

familia Bybaran said...

Wow, Brecken! Really? I am so sorry. I wish I lived close so I could come over and help you out. It is terrible when your child is sick and not sleeping or exercising can get to you too. I hope it's over soon and you find that he is fine. Please update.

Renee said...

Oh Breck!! That sounds horrible!! I'm totally behind on all of my blog reading...so you may have already let your faithful readers know the skinny on soren's sickness...but I hope everything is ok!!