Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Case of the Punkie Brewsters

Amongst all the sick chaos this past little while, London was given free reign to dress herself...a privilege usually saved for Saturdays. The picture below is a "Lovey original", it's easy to see she looks fabulous.
For all those concerned, Soren is now doing much better....which means my state of being is much improved. 6 hours sleep never felt so good! They found that he had Mesenteric Adenitis. AKA: inflammation of the lymph nodes surrounding the large and small intestines. It portrays itself like an acute appendicitis. Some good pain killers and sleep and he has been good to go. Thank goodness. I've never appreciated normal life more than I do at this moment.

Lovey in all her glory.

8 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Wow! That's a good one! I don't think I could even mix match that well and I'm a pretty bad dresser! I'm SO glad that Soren is feeling better...now, I hope Lovey starts feeling better for you soon! Love you! :)

ambercarlson said...

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you! Nothing is worse than sick kids! Yuck!! London always looks adorable!

Amber

PS... ran into your dad at Target yesterday, are they still living in HR???

Marilee said...

Wow! That is SOOOOO Punkie Brewster and SOOOOO fits Lovey! Seriously, she has that Punkie Brewster twinkle in her eye with the adventurous spirit behind it! I LOVE it!! She is sooooo cute! So happy Soren is doing better and hope Lovey is okay now too!

Marilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
familia Bybaran said...

I am so glad Soren is doing better. That must have been scary--for you and the little guy.

I love London's outfit. That's hilarious that you let her dress herself every Saturday. That is like perfect parenting--giving choices when the effects are not so detrimental. I also love her pose. She just knows how beautiful she is and she seems so proud of herself for coming up with such a "festive" combination.

Unknown said...

Wow... a lot happens when I don't keep up on the blog circuit. I'm so sorry to hear Soren has been so sick...it sounds like he's improving though. I hope he continues to improve....and I wish I was there to help too...it's so hard when you have a sick child...no fun for anyone! The skiing looked fun and all the cousins look so cute. It reminded me of a trip the California cousins took to Colorado...thoses were the good ole days. (except for the horrendous trip home...which has reached legendary status in our house!) Take care...we love you all!

Cindy said...

SO relieved to know Soren is doing better. Sick kids = parent's nightmare. As always - love and prayers you way. Aunt Cindy

Drew and Alicia said...

Wow I love the outfit!!! She looks so adorable! We are glad to hear that Soren is feeling better.