Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Memorial Weekend Camp out

"Really, be honest,.... have you ever gone to the bathroom...outside?" This is the question asked by Niles on our way to our "maiden voyage" camp-out with the twins. A "yes" from me and then a quick "I don't believe you", followed with a chuckle from Niles. This is how our trip began. Luckily for me, I have many other qualities that Niles admires that over shadow my ineptness at camping. ( ei: Target shooting, Niles 15-20, Brecken 20-20.) I won't pee outside, but I could kill dinner if needed.

Minus the cold and rain it was a fabulously fun weekend! We road 4 wheelers, hiked, played baseball, shot guns, ate smores and brought home tired, happy kids.

The view from our campsite. beautiful.

Soren ("the expert") giving London (novis) pointers.

family hike

ride on the razor.....so fun.

Hmmmm....smores.

first night in the tent...not so comfy.

dinner with the cousins.

4 wheeling with dad.

I just thought this picture was cute.

2 comments:

Marilee said...

Looks like so much fun! And for the record, I know that you have gone to the bathroom outside because I've heard the story and its HILARIOUS!!! And being able to kill dinner is a major bonus.

cKAja said...

amazing moment, thanks for sharing