Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sight

Thank goodness for vision screenings in kindergarten or we never would have known. I almost broke down at the doctor watching her try and complete the eye exam. Come to find out, she mostly uses only her right eye to see. Glasses are going to be a whole new world for her. Lucky for us, she thinks it's pretty cool. She had so much fun picking out her first pair of glasses and of course they are hot pink.

A conversation followed post eye exam between me and Lovey.

Me "Love, aren't you so excited for your new glasses, now skiing won't be scary for you. You'll love it!"

Lovey "Mommy, that's not why I didn't like skiing. It's not that I couldn't see, it's that I couldn't stop."

Smarty Pants.

7 comments:

tiffany garfield photography said...

I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE this pic of her! She looks like a smarty pants! Well, she is isn't she? Tell her Auntis twink said she loves her new glasses! Love you! :)

Kaitlyn said...

She looks soooo cute!!! Keslie thinks Lovey looks pretty cool with her new glasses. I love what she said about skiing - haha!! XOXO

Brittany said...

Ohhh Love makes me smile! She's so adorable! She's totally smiling like you in that picture! :)

Chelsea said...

She looks so cute! We just had Henry's eyes checked for the first time (so sad, they had to dilate them and it stung) and everything was normal. But I mean, how would you know? If it's not really bad, then how would a kid know he/she couldn't see as well as other people? Whatever.

I loved her comment. "It's because I couldn't stop." Duh, Mom.

Eve said...

Adorable. She can rest those adorable glasses right on her adorable freckles on her adorable nose. Love the Lovey!

Drew and Alicia said...

yeah for London we love her!!!

Shauna Brown said...

What a cutie pie for sure!! Of course- PINK!