Wednesday, October 7, 2009

St George Marathon

This past weekend I went and ran the St George Marathon! The weather was perfect (no rain like last year!) and it went great. My friend Rachel was my training partner and she was awesome....a great person to train with. Thanks to all her organized training I was able to get my best time and was able to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Britt came down with Thatcher and met me at the finish line. Then she took me home to recoup on her couch for the rest of the weekend in Las Vegas. I'm glad I did it and now very glad that I'm going to get a little break....I still can't walk normally!


Rachel and I on the flight out.

We were lucky enough to get a private ride up to the starting line..thanks Eric!

Rachel and I right before the race.

Britt and I afterwards.

8 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Breck you're awesome! 3 hours and 31 mins. --You failed to mention that. I understand you don't want to be like, "look at me, look at me." That's a good thing, but seriously, you deserve it! I'm so proud of you! I'm proud of both you and Rachel for even doing it! Congrats! Hope you can walk better soon! :)

Brittany said...

You rocked it Breck! I'm glad I got to come! You did an amazing job, your finishing time was fabulous! Hooray for the Boston Marathon in April... I want to try and come! :) Love you!

Tosha Mack said...

You amaze me! I'm so proud to call you my friend-- that runs a lot! Girls trip to Boston? Way to go Breck!

familia Bybaran said...

Wow! Congratulations! You are amazing! You look it too. I wish I could be you.

Jen Rutter said...

Hey-next time-can I ride up to the starting line with you guys?!?!? :)

Chelsea said...

Way to go, Brecken! I know people do marathons, but every time I hear about it it blows my mind. You are awesome.

Eve said...

YOU ROCK!!!!! Tomorrow I am going to shoot for 20 minutes of exercise...I'll use you as inspiration. : )

Shauna Brown said...

Way to go girl!! You just needed that tea rose belt around your waist as you ran- just a thought!