Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The perfect day...for a 4 year old

Yesterday was the twins birthday! It was filled with sugar, sugar and cheetos...yes, you heard right. CHEETOS! Everyone knows, I HATE them (would rather eat broccoli). Under regular circumstances, Cheetos or any relative ei: cheese puffs, etc. are not allowed in my house, in my car, or any inclosed space that I am in. I made a small break in my strict rule for the twins birthday. In Niles family growing up, the kids get to pick whatever they want to for dinner. So what do my kids pick...Cheetos, cheese quesadillas and Kool-AId...delicious! A dinner of champions. They loved it!

We also went to the Denver Zoo with some of their friends, met Niles downtown for lunch and had my parents over for presents and birthday cake! And best of all NO NAPS! The twins kept asking to make sure I hadn't forgotten and was still going to make them have a rest. I did have to convince them however, that 4 years old still nap on a regular basis....and they bought it. I'm feeling pretty slick. It was a great day.

Soren, Cooper, London and Tyler at the zoo.

Tyler and Lovey on the bongos.

playing around with dad after lunch downtown.

Ready for a yummy dinner and presents!

The leapster games Mimi and Papa got were a huge hit.

All of us after singing happy birthday.

Papa and London playing Polly Pockets... papa is great at accessorizing.

4 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Cute! I want it to be my birthday and I want to be able to eat cheetos galore--yes, I love cheetos and diritos are even better! Unfortunately, I'm not like lovey and Sor so eating that stuff will actually make me fat...that doesn't really stop me though. :) Anyway, I think that's a cute tradition. It looks like they had an awesome birthday! Love you guys! Happy Birthday to Niles today..yes, we're just now realizing that after many failed attempts we didn't call him today..so we will tomorrow. And happy birthday to you very soon! :)

Brittany said...

Looks like the week of your entire family's birthdays has begun! The twins, then Niles, and last is yours! I hope you guys have a great week of celebrating! Looks like you're off to a good start!

Tamara said...

cheetos! that is true love for you to give in to the cheetos. looks like the kids had a great birthday!

Eve said...

Love Sorens face, too cool for Happy Birthday! London w/ the Polly Pockets...It's the beginning of her career as an international runway model (where she will learn 7 languages) followed by masters degree in architecture and social work so she can design and build fabulous houses for the homeless before becoming President of the United States.