Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do dreams come true?

Another conversation in the car goes like this:

Lovey: Mommy, How do dreams come true?

Me: Well, you work really hard, be a good girl and make right decisions.
(I"m thinking in the future...ei: married in the temple, a great education, etc.)

Lovey: Well, I've been good all day and worked hard, and my dream hasn't come true.

Me: What exactly was your dream?

Lovey: I want to be a mermaid.

Me: Err?

Poor thing was completely dismayed to find out she would never turn into Ariel....Darn that Disney!

9 comments:

Afton or Brooke said...

That is so funny. I had a very similar conversation with Afton a couple of months ago when she broke into tears for no apparent reason. I asked her why and she said "my dreams aren't coming true," in the saddest voice. Dang that Disney!

Brittany said...

Ahhh Lovey! She never ceases to make me laugh! There always is Halloween. Tell her she can be Ariel for a day! Love you!

tiffany garfield said...

Hahaha! Laughed real hard at this one! Lovey kills me! : )

Sunshine said...

She will exceed mermaid status I'm sure! Is Book Thief a true story?

Kaitlyn said...

Lovey comes up with the cutest stuff!

Lynn said...

I love your Lovey stories! Jake says some pretty funny things too! It's so fun to read about. I can't wait until Zoe and Helena start talking...i'm sure they will entertain us as well. Hugs to you all.

Brittany said...

Love your new background!

Chelsea said...

Hilarious Brecken. I love the things kids say and I love it that you post them. Your twins are absolutely adorable!

(PS - yes the lamp was from anthropoligie.)

familia Bybaran said...

That's hilarious. What do you say to that?