Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Insurance Plan

Life (I've learned) doesn't always go as we plan. Or perhaps I should say how I plan; I'm a planner (my sister-in-law referred to me as "Type A" the other day; I'm still not quite sure if it's a pro or con, but I'm going with it). I like things to go my way and I work hard to make sure they go as planned in my head. Unfortunately, life most likely will trump that plan in your head every time.

My high school class voted me most likely to have the most children. Very ironic, seeing that it hasn't worked out that way. For Niles and me, conceiving is difficult and no where close to free. We should have named the twins Bentley and Mercedes :)

With that said, having more children since the twins has been one fiasco to the next. A daunting situation that has led no where. We were to the point of facing "acceptance". Acceptance, to the fact that our little family would stay just that, no more. I hate acceptance. It means our time, energy, prayers, etc. failed. I don't take to it lightly, but was headed there kicking and screaming. This is where God's Insurance Plan comes into play.

Thru trial and even more error, I've come to learn that God has his own plans for us and they are usually more suitable for our overall happiness. Just when I had made up my mind that my two little miracles should and would be enough, God pulled a wild card. Now, don't get too excited. NOT PREGNANT. It still doesn't happen that easy. But, this is the sequence of events that make me very aware that we are watched over and cared for by a Heavenly Father that knows our wants and desires.

#1- The tumor that made the previous IVF cycles fail--POOF, GONE. the first MRI, it was there....6 months later gone. The neurologist had no words for it. Only a few meds needed and my body is now capable of being a hospitable host :)

#2- The next month, Niles got an amazing new job that he loves.

#3- This new company's insurance plan covers IVF 100% with 0 deductible. I've called them 5x, it's legit.

For those of you in the dark......this is unheard of. Companies don't purchase cadillac insurance plans that pay 100% for expensize procedures. This is why I lovingly refer to it as God's Insurance Plan. Just when I thought "my plan" was being forced to change, God insured that we get another try.......and I could not be more grateful, ecstatic and overjoyed!

I've never been so eager to be poked, prodded and drugged:)

So, wish us luck! We hopefully will be a bigger crowd by the end of the year!

18 comments:

Brittany said...

Ok I am in tears... and I already knew all of this. Well put. I'm excited for you to get poked, prodded, drugged, and knocked up too! Bring on the cousins! :)Love you! xoxoxoxo

Debbie Jones said...

Oh Brecken---how sweet was that!! I am so excited for you guys and only pray that things continue to go well. Hope to see you soon, Can't wait to hear all the updates!!! Take Care and good luck with all the preparations:)

Katie & Chance said...

Brecken, this is such amazing news!! I am so happy for you guys, and you will be in our prayers every day! It is so true that God truly makes things happen when we pray and have faith. Congratulations! Love you xoxox

Rachael said...

Wow! This is so neat. Good luck! You make such cute babies, you should definitely have more!

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ambercarlson said...

This is so exciting! Congrats and keep us posted on any developments!

Amber

Kaitlyn said...

Brecken I am sooooo excited for you!!! It is amazing how things work out, and the Lord truly does watch over us. I hope you have another set of twins though so everyone else can hold one of the babies while Lovey has the other one all to herself!!! :) Love you!!!!!

courtney said...

this is amazing news! i'm not sure what it means that i found the disappearing tumor much less surprising than the posh medical plan...probably just that i'm much more confident in God's love for you than the insurance industry's. but, either way, i'm so very happy you get another try!

tiffany garfield said...

HOLY TEARS!!! Words cannot express how excited I am for you guys. I love you guys with all my heart and you are such amazing parents. I hope the Lord gives you triplets! hahaha :) I love you!

AnnieB said...

Wow! Don't you just love the little (and big) miracles of life...the tender mercies that remind us that the Lord does know us and loves us!? I am so happy for you!!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Amazing. It is so hard to be patient, but the Lord does answer our prayers one way or another in due time. It seems I always have to be in the "kicking and screaming" phase before I get my answers. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck harvesting :)

Jen Rutter said...

What wonderful news! I wish you all the luck or blessings in the world! You are such a wonderful person, and I am sure a wonderful mother-so you deserve it! Keep us updated!

Afton or Brooke said...

wow, i am sooo happy for you guys! with any luck, we'll be pregnant together again now that i also have my clean bill of health. ;)

Tosha Mack said...

I love stories like this! They are so inspiring and make me feel so blessed to have friends who recognize these great happenings in their lives. You both are so great and we hope to be able to finally see you all round and rolley soon!

Tamara said...

OK - I have not read ANYONE's blog in months - no exaggeration! - what a touching, tender re-entry back into the blogging world. You deserve every happiness! 2010 is your year girl!!! (finally, right?) :)

familia Bybaran said...

Brecken, that is such great news! I am so happy for you. I will pray for you that everything works out and you still prove your high school friends right. You are so good at everything you do. No doubt you will be an amazing mother to all of your future children. So exciting!

Marilee said...

Breck I'm sooooo excited for you! Thanks for your post! It's so true that God is watching out for us! I've learned that BIG TIME during this move! Missing you guys a ton! Good luck with your IVF! Let's talk soon! Love You! PS-tell Soren that Logan misses his "best buddy" and tell Londyn that Logan tells everyone he already has a girlfriend named Londyn and doesn't want another! :-)

Lynn said...

So, Uncle John and I could hardly get through your post...ours eyes were flooded! God works miracles everyday and how awesome you are on the receiving end. We are so excited and promise to offer many prayers on your behalf. We love and miss you all.